Friday, July 10, 2009

Dragging...

So... tired... today!

I've been weirdly sleepy all week. Have so much to do, and a long list of planning and translating and proofreading and email-answering and general Work Admin to get through today... but I can't seem to focus. What is up? I haven't been sleeping any less (or more!) than usual this week, but when I do, it's been very deep and then difficult to get up afterwards. Bert even took one look at my puffy peepers and asked, alarmed, if I'd been crying!

Can a body suddenly start demanding all the lost sleep it's accumulated over the years?

Must finish lessons... must write colleagues back... want to go... lie... down... zzzzzz!

9 comments:

Missy said...

I started getting unusually tired before I discovered I was pregnant. I imagine you've ruled that out already. :)

Nikki said...

Haha, the thought did occur to me! But given various factors, I think it'd have to be pretty miraculous to be the case right now. Much more sinister, do I have Mono...??? (J/k... I think!)

Amy said...

I've been extra tired lately too, but I can think of enough environmental factors that I'm not really worried (including not getting catch-up sleep this past weekend, lovely as it was in every other respect).

At some point not long after I started at MS I wondered if I had mono because I was really tired and it seemed like more hair was coming out in the shower and in my hairbrush than normal... pretty sure it was just the stress and getting less exercise.

Connie said...

Haha! Missy's comment was my first thought, too. Whew!

Sarah said...

Me, too!! That's why I didn't dare leave a comment last time I looked! Perhaps mono would be better? You could always come to WI early and get really tired, sharing possible H1N1 with us......

Shauna said...

Seasonal allergies? Sometimes that will knock you out without realizing it... (make sure your Unkraut isn't the culprit, too ;) )

Sarah said...

...and the HEAT! MY GOD! THE HEAT!!

Shauna said...

Hahahah!!

Dad said...

I think sleep is not only a physical need but also bridges gaps in your spiritual and cosmic realms as well. It always amazes me how out of touch we can get with our sleep world, and assume we're sleeping okay, when in reality, we're piling up lots of unfinished business. So when we actually start dealing with some of those other matters and issues, it becomes sort of a game of catch-up and the amp drain is high. ... Ah but so necessary! Ask Shauna after she's arrived in GB all "up and ready to go!!!".... and then drops into a 3-day coma only to emerge like a butterfly again... So sweet and beautiful. You need your cocoon time my sweet. And it's always so hard to know when it'll all arrive and all overdue.
Hope you're fluttering about by now and dancing from flower to flower again.

Love you!!!