Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Bare addendum

Poor Berti! He read that last post and was a little shocked. He said I make it sound as if "er glotzt anderen Frauen hinterher und findet seine eigene total langweilig."

So allow me to emphasize that Bert is not glotzing other women hinterher. And he doesn't find me total langweilig. I just noticed that he picks up on the cute little touches -- little touches that I have no plans to add to my already chore-filled morning routine, not even if it's something small for my boyfriend's sake.

Which is kind of a pity, considering how many women complain that their guys don't notice or appreciate when they go out of their way to look nice. It seems with us, Bert is such a rare man, who got stuck with a girlfriend who's too lazy to make the effort!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

aawwww -- I can't imagine anybody took it that way, Bert! Nobody who knows you would think such a thing.
:-) and, we know Nikki is certainly not boring or lazy!
Alles gut!
....a small note from the same post..... I would put the yellow ballet flats in the same category as those red patent leather Danskos I was eye-balling; it's simly impossible to justify the money spent. Then, when someone is kind enough to give you a giftcard for the splurge (thanks, guys!), you realize it would also take an incredibly good mood to actually wear the shoes out of the house! I consider myself a very happy person, but holy cow!
I've been meaning to send you a little photo of what I did splurge on. Will do soon, and thank you!!

Shauna said...

Hahaha, why is German-as-English so funny??

I second Sarah's comment; don't worry, Berti, no one is really thinking that!

I, too, have once or twice bought really catchy articles of clothing. And then they turn out to be the most expensive things I own, after you annuitize cost over wearing time...

Amy said...

I think it's an inescapable part of being a non-stereotype that one occasionally runs into circumstances and goes "Darn, it'd be convenient if I were a stereotype", including looking for and being with a partner. Being with John, it'd be convenient if I liked shopping and having stuff; my dislike of shopping for and owning stuff is decidedly inconvenient. Said hypothetical shopping-happy woman would probably revel in John's happiness for retail therapy, and John would probably happily tag along and observe as she tried on cute, girly clothing and showed it to him. But that's such a tiny thing compared with everything else. Likewise, your boy and the clothes/makeup/whatever - it's a shame you don't match up on that point, but... isn't it a tiny point?

Dad said...

I actually cut & pasted your post onto an email and sent it around the office, and all of the girls here did one of those "OMG! That's ME too!"

It was a very well crafted post, and since we all have our fashion issues... (He wrote, in his jeans and (yawn)polo with the same brown steel-toe shoes he's been wearing for 15 years.)... we can all relate.

Thanks!
(PS: See my sleep comment {')