As a side note, cooking/baking is always fun in my apartment. My "mixing bowls" consist of various saucepans, and a plastic bucket that must have originally come with a brightly-colored sand shovel. The "cookie sheet" is that pot roast pan -- you know, the one which comes standard in every oven? -- luxuriously covered with a fine layer of brown wax paper. (Only as they do in the finest bakeries, of course.) And Nigel discovered for himself the joys of making an omelette with a wooden spatula in a non-nonstick pan. Oh yeah!
But hey, it all still works. :) And thanks to Mom's piemaking tools, Dad & Sarah's measuring cups, and Brigitte Hamann's electric mixer, my first attempt at self-made piecrusts for Thanksgiving actually came out pretty well! :)

4 comments:
Wow -- I can almost smell them! No, wait.... that's coming from my oven... They look beautiful! Here's to creative use of local resources for cooking and friends with whom to share the finished product -- here-hear!
... I shouldn't comment when I'm tired....
Why, those pies aren't fit for a German Hund! ;-)
-SJR
Pumpkin Pies Perfectly Produced by Pickle!
Ah, yes...
I can see it now,
"Dr Nik's Home Style Punkin Piez"
....
"Coming soon to a store near you!"
(Camera pans to B&W 1930's footage: A line of hungry people in long wool coats are waiting in the street to get some.)
I bet it wuz gooood!
Love you!
Post a Comment