Say. Does anyone remember this skit from Sesame Street?
The best part of finding it on youtube was discovering from the comments that other people also get this song stuck in their heads, from out of nowhere, 25 years later!
It happens to me when I think of the word "procrastination." My brain sings: Pro-cras-tin-AY-tion. Just a min-ute. Pro-cras-tin-AY-tion. Doin' it later!
Which sounds about right today. It's too hot to work here. German summers should not hang around the 97-degree mark, day after day; that's why I moved away from Arizona. But hang around they have, and you can only do so much swimming and basking and drinking of the cold beers before you start yearning for a good old fashioned freezing-rain shower. It's one thing to vacation in hot climes, another to put on work clothes in them.
(Wait, hahaha! I'm not complaining! Just a little joke! Ha. Please don't smite us with freezing rain showers.)
The difference between heat here and heat in Arizona is that the desert southwest is prepared for it. Vast resources are committed to making sure you need a sweater indoors in the summer. In central Europe, air conditioners are not only seen as horrifying electricity drains, they are also quite unnecessary. Well, usually. Since a good six months of the year are usually dedicated to trying to get warm, I have yet to see the private home that boasts an ay-see.
So instead of working, I'm going to sit here in my pajamas with the fan pointing at me, and look up some more cute videos. Oh look, the yip-yip aliens!!! Squeeeeee!
And discovering a radio. ("Ray-dee-oh. Happyhappyhappy!")
9 comments:
yipyipyipyip aawww haaawwww yipyipyipyip! :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM89T74MPnE
oooh! You're probably too young for this one, but it's my favorite! :-) You have to watch!
I want it as a ring tone! :-) Ohwhattadorkiammmm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jWyuCQflG0&feature=fvw
...and Katie says you have to watch this! I say you can skip the first Elmo-y 45 seconds.
....umm...it's hot here, too....yeah, that's my excuse for sitting here watching Sesame Street....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVvvRBBUn8&feature=related
just one more then I'll quit.
These are great!! Hey, we're online at the same time -- how cool is tecknolojee?? :oD
I showed the yip-yip aliens to Bert and he was a little traumatized. In fact I think his expression was very like the aliens' themselves!
So weeeeeird! I'd forgotten how surreal and silly Sesame Street was. It's one of those ubiquitous cultural references, but everybody else seems to remember it better than I do. I know I watched it, but young, and I only remember a few vague flashes... hardly any of this stuff!
We had a heat wave for the last week and I was just *basking* in it. I was enjoying just sitting and _sweating_ for its own sake. And then, when a cooler breeze would come through, it'd just be divine. I enjoyed the heat for making me enjoy the cool again - and just for its own sake. I'm sure it'd get old if it kept up for weeks, but it never does here. Plus where we are, at least the downstairs never gets that hot, even when it's 100 outside, and there are always air-conditioned offices to retreat to. We had some awful traffic last week, and I bet John was spot on in guessing it was people who normally work from home going in so they could cool off!
Mah nah mah nah... doot doooo doot doo doo! That would be an *awesome* ringtone!
Remember the twiddlebugs? They lived in a milk carton on Ernie's windowsill. Anybody notice the expiration date on their 'house'?
Yipes! So much rain and heat have turned the normal bushes and weeds around the house into an Amazon jungle... replete with monkeys, birds and giant bugs. The gravel driveway has become a soft green carpet and the cornfields around the neighborhood have ducks floating in them (seriously!) Thank God the rain and heat are also affecting the raspberries and mulberries... they are the size of my thumb! Yummm.... But, I (ME) actually told Sarah that I was dreaming of a cool winter day the other morning... as I tried to look out the overgrown window in our bedroom. (sigh*) Nature sure does provide enough variability to keep it exciting, huh? (sigh***smile*** wink*)
Post a Comment