Things I love…
running
coffee
my office
napping
Bert’s voice
cinnamon
the smell of Hefeweizen
beer in general
trying to identify the gorgeous aromas rolling around in that glass of dark red wine
spring mornings
summer evenings
autumn days
winter nights
festivals on the Weinstraße
living in Germany
speaking German
Altstädte
waiting for the ICE
twitterpated couples
being healthy
funny women
good-hearted men
concerts with Bert
British humor
Beethoven
church bells
grins from strangers
people eating ice cream
IMing with Shauna and laughing my head off
foot rubs
driving
the opening of Elton John’s “Sacrifice”
plus the rest of the song
and everything by Cat Stevens, too
getting tipsy with friends
Seattle
dancing, dancing, dancing to good music
riding with Amy and listening to said good music
butterflies
trains
birdsong outside our window
the crescent moon
a farmer’s market
time to read a good book
climbing into the car with a map and a pack of sandwiches
ivy-grown ruins in the forest
herbs
my new perfume
big dark eyes
traveling with my mom
cooking with my brother
philosophizing with Dad & Sarah
dancing around wearing bug antennae with my little sisters
Things I’m sorta tired of…
missing Shauna
financial worry
highrises
the use of English as advertising-speak (New! Good! Meaningless!)
non-native German speakers not bothering to differentiate between du and Sie
people telling me I look pale (I am pale!)
guests freely informing us of the household items we lack ("Hey, you guys need to get some matching plates," "When are you going to cover these windows?")
Things I'm looking forward to...
cozying down on the couch with Berti in a couple minutes
my lesson plan for Monday (food & restaurant culture, it's gonna be fun!)
springtime
Shauna coming to visit!!!!
other Germany visits (you know who you are)!!!
getting paid in a week
hanging out with Mom next weekend
and seeing how her new job will develop
learning French
friends' future blog posts
going to the new Star Trek movie with my brother (we'll figure that out somehow)
seeing where we'll all be in two years
4 comments:
Wow! What a list of blessings! ....plus your ability to appreciate all those things -- life is *so* good!
Aww, I miss my Nikki! I gotta get all this stuff here straightened out so I can come visit too...
It's a great reminder that if you have the right things in place, the world can be crashing around you and you can still feel calm as moonlight. I keep wondering if the heavens will smite me for being too happy, even though I have every reason to be stressed - and I do stress sometimes, but in the end, it's all okay.
Things I LOVE:
You!!!! =o)
Things I MISS:
You!! :o/
Things I'm THANKFUL for:
You!! "o)
I agree with that one Dad!!
Post a Comment