Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Did I understand that right?

Did McCain really vow he'll "whip" Obama's "you-know-what"? Really? Was this shortly before the threat to give him a wedgie and take his lunch money, too?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hahahah! Good context :)

Even though I always disagreed with McCain back to when he was just our senator, at least he wasn't out with the worst of the neocons and seemed to go against their grain enough to be respectable. It's sad how nasty the election has gotten, and as in so many other situations, it's the one who does the bashing who winds up looking bad and earning the ill will of others. He's down in the polls by an estimated 7-11%, with less than 5% chance of winning. Have you seen fivethirtyeight.com?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope that's true, Amy! I watch the polls and Wade tracks the electoral map constantly.... maybe we're watching too much coverage, but every time there's a glimmer of hope (no pun intended:-), some pundit comes up with a way Obama can fall in the end. I suppose it also doesn't help to be in a "battleground" state -- locally, the race feels edgy and you wouldn't believe the ads. There's so much on the line. Thanks for making me laugh, Nik! The whole thing would be pretty funny if it didn't matter so much.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at fivethirtyeight.com for the first time -- thanks, Amy! NPR has a good map and analysis, too.

Nikki said...

I know!! You know I get physically *nervous* just thinking about it? That short-of-breath feeling? I've become an obsessive polls-and-news checker, too. Oh man, these next three weeks are going to be loooooong...!

Michael said...

Holy Crap! fivethirtyeight.com is awesome! Yumyumyumyum.... Data, data, and more data. And the debate Wednesday night. What a trouncing!

Anonymous said...

Okay.... everybody,

Check out Pollster.com

Gobbs of good clear data..
You'll like it.

Also, while you're there, check the "Analysis" tab above, and click on Mark Blumenthal.

(Smile*)

I think we have HOPE!